For those of you who are a fan of the Jaffa combination this one’s for you. Although, it is in a slightly healthier combination…but just as tasty! You’re taste buds won’t suffice, and nor will your waistline!!
Creamy Jaffa Smoothie
- 2 bananas, 1 frozen, 1 normal *
- 1 ½ tablespoons cacao
- 1 orange juice and ¼ zest
- 4 medjool dates, pips removed
- ½ cup almond milk (roughly)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or any natural yogurt
- Pop everything into a blender and blitz until all combined.
- Top with desired toppings (see below for ideas).
- *It doesn’t really matter whether the combo, just as long as there are 2 bananas – frozen or fresh!
- You can use whatever type of milk you like.
- I served mine with Orange and Macadamia Muesli – to die for!
- It would also be great served with some shaved dark chocolate for an extra bit of indulgence. I can recommend Lindt Orange Intense.
This is kind of a mixture between nicecream and a smoothie…a really thick smoothie, infact! If you like your smoothies a little runnier, then increase the amount of milk. And if you aren’t fond of bananas that much, I wouldn’t worry because you can’t really taste them; they’re overpowered by the orange citrus taste. I have put them purely in to add volume, so if you were really worried you could just omit one of them for more yogurt.
I have added granola/muesli on top of my smoothie to make it a more balanced and filling breakfast but you could always add a handful of rolled oats into the smoothie mixture.
Smoothies are a great way to get in your fruit and even veggies in the case of green smoothies, without even realising it, so I highly recommend them for kids who are so fond of all the good stuff. I also recommend drinking smoothies before a training session because they are a great source of energy and keep you full for a really long time.