Yep, we still have a continuous supply of homegrown zucchinis so here’s a great recipe to use them up. Packed with flavour, oozing with nutritious vegetables and fruits (plus some other wholesome ingredients) AND a super moist texture. Yep, this could only be the brainchild of Healthy Home Café formally known as Delicious Snacks. Kudos to you!
Zucchini, Walnut and Cranberry Loaf
Makes 14 serves
- ¾ cup wholemeal plain flour
- ¾ cup white self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups (200g) grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift together flours, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a medium sized bowl. Add walnuts and cranberries and stir to coat with flour mix. Add zucchini and set aside.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla. Add oil and sugar and whisk well. Pour egg mix into flour bowl and fold through until thoroughly combined. Plop into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 mins until firm to touch. Note that this cake doesn’t rise very much when cooking. Wait until cool before cutting.
This mix can also be used to make individual cakes or muffins.
This may or may not be the most light and fluffy loaf/bread/cake I have ever baked. And it is all thanks to my absolute favourite blog for healthy snacks and treats, Delicious Snacks. Delicious Snacks is a food blog dedicated to creating and sharing healthy snacks – what a great idea! I find that as a society we are always choosing unhealthy snacks such as chocolate, chips, donuts and lollies etc. so this blog spreads a great messages and provides quick, easier AND healthier alternatives to their unhealthier counterparts.
Although it isn’t being used anymore (you can find the new blog at: Healthy Home Café) I always love to scroll through the feed when I am need of some ideas. The Fig, Date and Walnut Loaf is my favourite!
So that’s all for today.